Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Salsa with fresh vegetables from our garden

The time is here. Time to harvest the many blessings from our garden. This is my first batch of salsa this year. The tomatoes are from our garden, pepper, onion and garlic purchased. We have some really nice jalepeno pepper plants, but not enough peppers for salsa yet. I hope to make at least one more batch this summer. Our weather is so hot and dry, I'm afraid we may not be able to water enough to keep the garden going very long. We have already watered the pear trees, when they started dropping their pears. I've never watered the pear trees before.

Aren't these tomatoes just a lovely color of red? So grateful for this bountiful harvest!
I love the vibrant colors of fresh peppers!
Here's the final outcome. I didn't get the picture downloaded of it all mixed together in the pot.
Yum! Now for some warm salsa on tortilla chips!
It's a little warm with peppers.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could eat peppers and onions. They just don’t agree with me. It is so tough to find any recipes which don’t require one or the other.
    Your salsa looks luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can't imagine life without tomatoes! And I've really grown to love jalepeno peoppers in my maturity! Thank you, it is good and fun to make! My husband and my son love it too.

    ReplyDelete